Vital Rehabilitation was established in 1995 by Physical Therapist, Tom Kokocinski. Over the past 20 years, Vital has developed a reputation in the community as a center for clinical excellence and individualized treatment.
Vital has expanded and diversified its program offerings to include:
- Outpatient Adult Rehabilitation- Vital has expanded to include a network of 8 outpatient locations throughout Chicago and the suburbs, serving a variety of patient diagnoses (see locations).
- Outpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation- Vital is one of the largest free-standing Pediatric rehabilitation programs in Chicago and one of the largest Early Intervention Providers in the State of Illinois, serving infants ages 0-3 years.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation- Vital currently manages and staffs the inpatient rehabilitation department at Thorek Memorial Hospital in Chicago and the Maryville Children's Health Center, also in Chicago.
- Continuing Education- Vital sponsors and hosts continuing education programs through the year at its state of the art 12,000 square foot facility in Portage Park, educating thousands of professional therapists from across the country.
- Student Internships- Vital is a teaching institution with clinical and administrative internship affiliations with 22 colleges and universities across the country.
- Home Health Division- Vital partners with 5 different hospital systems and over 200 Home Health Agencies to provide Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy for homebound patients and currently serves a 4 county area.
- Aquatic Therapy- Vital is home to the first Endless Pool to be licensed as a public Pool and Spa. Our therapists are experts in the field and incorporate Aquatic Therapy for both children and adults.